The Heart of Golf
10 Common Thoughts and Attitudes That
May Be Inhibiting Your Golf Game
And Positive Affirmations That Can
Help You to Change Them
1. I am too old to play good golf
(or too young, too short, too tall, too big, too small).
I possess every quality necessary to play golf well.
2. I am afraid I will hit it out of bounds.
I expect my shot to land on the fairway.
3. These old clubs really put me at a disadvantage.
I love hitting good shots with these clubs.
4. I can’t play well in the wind (or in the cold weather, the hot weather, early in
the day, late in the day, etc.).
This is a great day for golf. I am enjoying playing my best.
5. I can’t hit the ball as far as others do.
I am learning how to achieve distance and accuracy.
6. I’ll never be as good as my brother (or my sister, my mother, my father, my
cousin, my friend, my teammate, etc.).
I enjoy playing to the best of my own ability.
7. I hate this hole (or the sand, this club, this course, etc.).
This is a great hole. I enjoy the challenge of playing it well.
8. People will laugh at me when they see my score.
I trust in my ability to play golf. I know I can play my best
9. I fear missing this three footer.
I have complete confidence in my stroke.
10. This is a dumb game.
I love the game of golf. I enjoy the whole experience – the
beautiful course, being outdoors, getting exercise, and developing my skills.
Proudly powered by